Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cloud Mani Tutorial!

I will be showing you how to do what is called a cloud mani today. This is my first ever tutorial and I promise they will get better from here! As I have said before my pictures are horrible...as I have been using my phone. I will hopefully be getting a camera some time within the next few months. (Or sooner if I keep bugging my husband..Haha) Enough chatter. Here we go:


(Finished product w/ cheetah print accent on my thumb)




First I started with clean freshly filed nails. Apply a good base coat then pick your first color for the first cloud layer. I chose a pink Color Club.


Believe it or not this is SUPER easy. All you need to do for the first cloud is simply apply the first color about halfway up your nail in a straight line. Your brush should have just a tiny drop of polish on the end so that the lines look cloud-like.
(Sort of like this)

Then you will do the same thing but bring the brush slightly lower this time.
 You will do the same thing for a third time bringing the brush stroke lower once more. And there you have it! Your first cloud!


Next step is choosing a contrasting color. Here I chose Sinful Colors-Dream On. You will need to bring your brush slightly below your first cloud so that you will be able to see it. Other than that you will do the same exact thing.

Easy as...
 1.
 2.
3!

Now you are done! Well, with the first nail at least.. If you have any question please feel free to ask! Have fun and send me pictures when you try this!



I added dots for some extra fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment